Monday, January 31, 2011

Taking stock, January edition

It's already a whole month into the new year! I can't believe  time moves so fast...

From what I've learned, I'll have to start my seeds sometime in February or March. (I need to check on what our last frost date is supposed to be around here.) I guess that means I'll need to narrow down my options and order seeds soon! I'll have to ask Hubby what my budget is for those, though, it would be way too easy to go overboard.

My raised beds haven't made much progress, but it looks like I will be able to get three into the garden space with room to move around them. I think I might plant the corn (sweet or flour? sweet or flour?) out in the front yard, just to save space. I figure that the ears will be high enough off of the ground that any neighbor kitties'... gifts... won't be a problem.

In organizational news, I'm still doing a pretty good job of keeping to a schedule. My daily and weekly routines are going well, which means I planned them well. I fell behind a little due to kids' illnesses and a preschool field trip, but caught that up this weekend.

I decided that we have too much clutter. (Ok, I already knew that but I was ignoring it.) So my goal for February is going to be going room to room and getting rid of at least half of the stuff in there. The baby is just about ready to go into the next size up in clothes, too, so that means I can do some purging there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment